Our name is who we are. We want you to join us on the spiritual Journey of Life. Our church is a place for you to come and explore, not be chastised. We encourage to you live a life of investigation, contemplation, integration, transformation, celebration and imagination. We want you to be yourself and connect to the love of God. Journey of Life is a place where you will find redemption, peace and meaning, and make great friendships along the way.
Please visit Journey of Life soon! We’d love to meet you!
- We honor spiritual practices that have stood the test of time while living out our spiritual lives and community in today’s real world context.
- We are a safe and joy-filled place to contemplate life’s deepest questions. We don’t have all the answers and we’re ok with that. Living and growing in this deeply mysterious life calls for accepting people in love wherever they are on their spiritual journey.
- Your kids will have a great time learning great stuff in our children’s ministry.
Our desire is to be the perfect church for imperfect people and our ultimate goal is to connect people to abundant life in Jesus.
Here’s what we believe in a nutshell:
- What is God like? Jesus is the closest answer we humans can get to that question.
- The Bible is the story of God’s amazing creation, mankind’s bad choices, and God reaching out in redemptive love, culminating in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Our job, having been renewed in God’s love, is to be a loving, redeeming, life-giving presence in our families, neighborhoods, communities and world.
Go ahead and explore our web site! But nothing takes the place of meeting real people. Please come visit us some Sunday morning. Or contact Pastor John. He’d love to buy you a cup of coffee or a beer and chat for a while.
FAITH is our attitude toward life. We believe that God created us with good intent. The world was created for shalom — peace and harmony. Mankind has turned away from God. But God is not content to leave us in the chaos and pain of life. In ways larger than we can imagine… in ways that call for poetry and metaphor… God has called us home through Jesus Christ. Through Jesus, we are redeemed, reconciled, made whole, freed from our past, made children of God, released from our guilt, given peace that passes understanding. God is not far away. God is with us. God lives within us and among us. Faith is placing ultimate trust in God who is present and for us, following God’s will and ways even when it seems counter-intuitive.
HOPE is our orientation toward the future. God has good plans for us. God causes all things to work together for good. Nobody… yes, nobody… is beyond God’s redemption and love. We live hopefully not because we expect to live without pain but because we know the future is in God’s hands.
LOVE is the way we look at our relationships. Here is what the scriptures tell us about love: Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Because God has first loved us, we are empowered, strengthened, and sometimes prodded, to love all people everywhere, to love without discrimination.
MISSION is movement. The Good News that drives Faith, Hope and Love is not something to stick in a jar on the top of your refrigerator. The world desperately needs the Faith, Hope and Love that God has slammed into the world in the powerful work of Jesus Christ. We are now Christ’s ambassadors to the world, to feed the poor, to free the captives, to lift up the downtrodden, to stand with the oppressed — and to teach others to do the same in Jesus’ name.
Updated on 2017-08-08T19:46:08+00:00, by .